Prepping for Oculus
- - Have a table or desk with plenty of room to set everything up!
- - We send a power strip, but you will need to be near an outlet.
- - Make sure you've cleared the area and have plenty of room to play around/explore!
- - When unpacking the Oculus - make sure you completely empty the bag. It's easy for a cable to hide.
Setting up your oculus
- - We have 2 different Oculus Rift setups - a laptop and a PC/monitor. Make sure the cables are plugged into the corresponding ports (cable A to port A).
Powering everything up
- - Press the power button in the top, center of the PC (or the power button on the laptop). It will light up once it’s turned on. The monitor will automatically turn on if everything is plugged in correctly!
- - Sign in to with the password: joymode
- - Once you’re logged in, go to the bottom right, and sign in to your wifi network (this is super
Once you’re logged into your wifi network, double-click on the Oculus icon on the left side of the desktop. A setup guide will automatically be launched. If not, follow the next steps:
- - The Oculus store will open. Click on the Settings icon. This is the fourth icon from the left, right next to the minus (minimize window) sign. Once you click on it, a drop-down menu will appear, click on Settings.
- - On the left side of the screen, click on ‘Devices’ and then click ‘Configure Rift’, which is located on the top right of the screen. Choose ‘Run Full Setup’.
- - Click ‘Rift and Touch’
- - This will lead you through the entire set-up process, including how to use the headset, placement of the sensor, how to use the controllers, etc.
- - Make sure you're connected to wifi!
- - Are there Oculus updates available? There’s a chance an update gets pushed while you have the Oculus. Make sure you allow the update to happen!
- - Headset not working? Try unplugging the HDMI cord from the headset. You may have to move the fabric cushion aside to access the plug. Then, replug!
- - Like any technology - you may have to simply reboot everything.