Nut Milk Strainer Bags - Pack of 2
Making Your Own Nut Milk
Below is a basic recipe for almond milk. You will need the Vitamix blender and a nut milk bag.
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked
- 2 cups purified water, plus additional water for soaking
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste (optional, for making sweet milk)
- 1. Place almonds in a bowl or jar and add enough water to cover them. Soak for 8-12 hours. Drain and rinse almonds with fresh water.
- 2. Place almonds in a blender with two cups of water, and blend until the almonds are a fine meal, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Pour the mixture through the nut milk bag over a bowl or jar large enough to contain all the liquid. Carefully pull the drawstring closed, and strain the milk from the bag, using your hands to wring out all the liquid. Add sweetener and extract.
- 4. Store milk in the fridge for up to one week, and stir before using as natural separation will occur.