Warehouse Shift Manager at Joymode (View all jobs)
Joymode Warehouse - Culver City, CA
Joymode is a subscription service that is challenging the idea of ownership by giving people access to all the products they need but don’t want to own for great experiences (tents for camping, oculus VR, a waffle press for brunch, etc.) We are creating a world where what we do is defined by what we can imagine, not what we own.
The Shift Manager will lead and develop their own team of Associates with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching the team. The Shift Manager will be responsible for engaging the team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, performance and engagement. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their associates with the tools needed for success while driving productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving.
- Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates.
- Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality.
- Partnering with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards.
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools.
- Building and executing productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Managers to balance labor.
- Leading and developing a team of associates.
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed.
- Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention.
- Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs.
- Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
- Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Frequent walking in the building and around area
- Standing and walking for up to 10-12 hours a day
- Ascending and descending ladders safely and without limitation
- You have a completed bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of experience. 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment preferred.
- You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during peak holiday season and as needed year-round.
- In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees’ performance.
- You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
- You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide workable solutions.
- You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
Joymode is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.