Concierge at Joymode (View all jobs)
Joymode HQ - Los Angeles, CA
Joymode is a subscription service that is challenging the idea of ownership by giving people access to all the products they need but don’t want to own for great experiences (tents for camping, oculus vr, a waffle press for brunch, etc.) We are creating a world where what we do is defined by what we can imagine, not what we own.
Customer happiness is a high priority at Joymode. It’s essential that our customers have a positive experience with both our products and our team. We are searching for somebody who thrives in a fast-paced environment, always presenting a Joyous smile. The Concierge will be responsible for representing Joymode to members, guests, and the rest of the world.
This will be a part time role (20 hours per week) with shifts scheduled at our different customer pick-up locations (Downtown LA & Culver City) on the weekends and in the afternoons during the week.
- Lead our member pickup & dropoff location. You will be the point person for our members who visit our warehouse, helping them add requested items to bundles, load and unload cars, coordinate internal efforts, and put a smile on every member’s face.
- You will manage reception area to ensure all visitors are greeted and announced.
- You will answer member’s questions and give them support when needed.
- You’ll also use feedback from customer interactions to build instructions and processes to help make using Joymode as easy and as enjoyable as possible.
- You are 18 years or older, with a High School diploma or equivalent. College degree is preferable, but not required.
- At least two years in reception or customer support, preferably at a startup.
- Experience writing documentation or other instructional materials.
- Tech-savvy — your friends and family call you for computer help.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- You’re comfortable communicating directly with our members, even in time-sensitive and stressful situations.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- You are proficient using a computer and smartphone to complete complex tasks (navigate a web page, etc.) and you are a quick learner.
- Strong at decision-making and confidence to make sound judgments.
- Expert at troubleshooting. We are looking for people who are naturally curious.
Joymode is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.