Transportation Team Leader at Joymode (View all jobs)
Joymode Warehouse - Culver City, CA
Joymode is a subscription service that is challenging the idea of ownership by giving people access to all the products they need but don’t want to own for great experiences (tents for camping, oculus vr, a waffle press for brunch, etc.) We are creating a world where what we do is defined by what we can imagine, not what we own.
The transportation lead will facilitate the flow of information between different stakeholders (Delivery Drivers/Customer Success/Warehouse) and resolve any potential issues that impact customer experience and delivery performance. The right candidate should be able to provide timely resolutions using internal tools, real-time decisions and having an effective communication with the stakeholders (over phone or email). An ideal candidate should be able to understand the issue and be able to drive customer experience without compromising on time.
The transportation team lead will assist in the management of daily delivery and pick-ups routing into and out of our warehouse and must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly. This role is a four-day 10-hour shift.
- All deliveries are assigned and routed in a timely manner
- Make sure all drivers leave the warehouse on time, and all the loans are shipped for in their respective window
- Make sure all the drivers have all of the items for their loans, and coordinate with the Customer Success team to deliver any forgotten items.
- Assist drivers in loading vehicles, if needed
- Assist drivers with any issues they encounter
- Assist Transportation Manager with vehicle inspections and maintenance
- Always maintain a safe and clean vehicle for the transportation team
- Perform monthly ride along to verify the drivers are working safely and efficiently
- Assist Transportation Manager with scheduling
- Make sure the driver’s rolling racks are set for the next window
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas
- Continued meeting or exceeding of department performance goals
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Education beyond High School, and/or prior experience managing employees
- 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Lean process, Kaizen, Six Sigma, process improvement experience
- Interest in long-term career development
- Multilingual in two or more languages
Joymode is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation