Front-End Engineer at Joymode (View all jobs)
Joymode HQ - Los Angeles, CA
Joymode is a subscription service that is challenging the idea of ownership by giving people access to all the products they need but don’t want to own for great experiences (tents for camping, oculus vr, a waffle press for brunch, etc.) Joymode helps people spend their time better through original ideas and curated products, creating more moments of Joy.
Changing the consumer mindset on access over ownership is a tall order. We need to be testing, iterating, and testing again to help show folks a world where they do not have to buy things that eventually end up in a landfill, but still are able to have experiences and live a fulfilled life. We want to work fast, we want to try crazy ideas, we want change a consumer mindset for the better.
This engineer will report to our Growth Engineering Manager and work on a small team with high impact to the business. The team recently migrated to Vue.js and this engineer will be working with cutting edge technology to try to change the world.
- Build user-facing features and web applications
- Ship code at a rapid pace
- Practice test-driven development
- Enjoy being a responsive problem solver
- Work collaboratively with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling, delightful products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Stay on the forefront of the latest technology stacks (currently Rails/Vue) while balancing scalability and stability
- Introduce new solutions for the consumer (constantly questioning how Joymode can be a core part of their lives)
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like grid and flexbox layouts, progressive web apps, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- REST API experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment
- An adaptable and quick learner with a growth mindset.
Joymode is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.